Saturday, December 14, 2013

Things Coaches Say at Wrestling Meets

I have been a High School sports official for about 9 years now. I have semi retired this year due to attending the classes to become a paramedic. Even though I didn't do any baseball or football officiating this year, I am doing my favorite sport, wrestling. Wrestling coaches are a different breed, I would say the majority of them are former wrestlers themselves and a lot could still compete. What they also are is intense. I like intense, however as an official sometimes hearing the same old comments gets old. Sometimes I think coaches say them as a Pavlovian reflex, just seeing what they can get away with. Here are some of my favorites.

"LOCKED HANDS!!!"

"How is that a takedown?"

"There was no control there!!"

"You shoot!!!"

"LOCKED HANDS!!!!"

"That was terrible"

"No backpoints?"

"TWOOOOOOO!!!!!"

I love wrestling

No comments:

Post a Comment