Sunday, September 28, 2014

Flaughless 5K and Quad Cities Marathon

Had a good race weekend. Saturday I participated in the Flaughless 5K, a race to benefit the Wounded Warrior Foundation. Myself and about 9 other folks rucked the race. I finished in 45:15 carrying a 35 lb rucksack, a 3X4 US flag and wearing combat boots.



The next morning I got up and drove to the Quad Cities to run the QC marathon. This was the 4 or 5th time I have run this marathon or marathon relay. This was also my 30th race of marathon distance or longer since 2004. I have blogged about this race so much I wont go into detail except to say there was an awesome group to Team RWB members at the race. I also finished 15 seconds faster than my goal finish time. I finished in 4:29:45. It was a good day. Here are some  pics.







No comments:

Post a Comment