Saturday, August 22, 2015

A Prairie Home Companion

There is a show on National Public Radio called A Prairie Home Companion . The show and its host Garrison Keillor have been producing the show since the early 1970's. It is an old time radio variety show with music,skits and comedy. My dirty little secret is I have been listening to the show for years. Many that know me know that I am anything but liberal and the show definitely leans that way but somehow I just enjoy it. Recently my wife and I had the opportunity to see the show live in our home town. It was a great evening. Beautiful night in an outdoor amphitheater. I did find it very interesting that these NPR listeners who claim to be for diversity produced about the most undiversified audience possible. This guy right here,who spent the morning before the show at the gun range and that has voted libertarian in the last 3 election cycles brought the only minority to the show. That had to be the whitest audience I have ever seen at an event. Struck me somehow as very telling. Talk about white privilege, there it was, but not how it is portrayed in the media. Enjoy some photos.




















No comments:

Post a Comment